Meet Mavo Jokazi [Maveriq]



By Thomas Cedrick

https://bushbackchat.blogspot.com/2020/11/meet-mavo-jokazi-maveriq.html


Maveriq (Mavo Jokazi) have started composing his own songs from primary school level where I developed a tendency of walking alone to home after school so I can sing about anything that comes into mind. It was in 1990 where I decides to go learn music at MAPP Jazz Academy playing acaustic guitar which was bought as a birthday gift by my mother. I the later revert to bass guitar after engaging with a Khayelitsha based reggae band, Originals. As the band grew I also did backing vocals while playing the bass guitar. Later the band changed it name to Joint Effort, the group that composes the song, Cape Town 2004, which landed us a performance slot in thee campaign for 2004 Olympic Games. While touring around SA with the band I also thought of continuing my studies as a teacher focusing in arts and culture so my Jazz diploma can have weight. After the band, Joint Effort disbanded I started my solo career as a bassist and backing vocalist, playing with the likes of Mpho noVimba etc. My present vocalist platform started in 2006 which later released a first album (Igubu) consisting of 8 songs with two smash audience proven hits, Dali ( which was used as a sound track for the SABC sitcom, Nomzamo produces by Akin Omotoso) and Igubu, which was also featured as a sound track in the documentary produced by Kekeletso Khena, Jo'burg Rising. The album was released under Coffebeans Routes , a company which I also did Cape Soundz (available on YouTube) with the vision of interviewing different artists from different genres and showcase what Cape Town has, musically. My second album was released in 2010, Tshuz Mazkhethele still under Coffee Beans Routes and has to videos on YouTube, Qhoqhoqho and Le Ngubo. After a long break in performing, Maveriq brings you his latest single, Izinyembezi Zam ft Samkelo Siba, published by his company, Events and Moments. The single is released under the project, Positive Mindset, whith a concept of compiling 12 artist around the world singing upon one rhythm. Izinyembezi Zam, is a chapter one version of such. The single was released in October 15, 2020 and available for download in major digital platforms only.

Comments

Popular Posts